Oh, Dinner With Me?: Outfit Idea

by - August 25, 2012

The weather has been surprisingly nice these past few days but I'm eagerly awaiting the brisk autumn nights when it's cool enough to wear a sweater but not exactly cold enough to bust out the leather pants and fur jacket.

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO.

Some boy (or girl) asks you out on a nice fancy dinner date. It's about...upper 60's, low 70's, cloudy, and a little windy. No rain, thank goodness.

There might be AC at the restaurant. Who knows.

So what exactly should you wear that would keep you toasty and goosebump-free while still making sure that you look classy, put together, and tastefully sexy?

Classy: Out to Dinner

As usual, for specific deets, click here.

1. Nothing says warm and casual like a knit sweater.
Q: Why, in this particular outfit, does it look dressier than usual?
A: The color. Because of the cooler and lighter tone grayish blue, this sweater gives off a chic feel.

2. A tight skirt shows off curves! You won't lose your figure, even if the sweater is a little slouchy or oversized.
Q: Why is it so unbearably long?
A: Remember, it may be a little cold outside so a longer skirt will cover more surface area and keep you warmer. Plus, there's something very appealing about "less is more".

3. Minimalist heels in a nude shade will elongate your legs.
Q: Why does it have to be a nude shade?
A: Harsh colors like black or bold colors like royal blue can visually cut off the length of your legs, since the appearance of the color is quite abrupt. A shoe that has a similar color to your skin (and this can be nude, tan, or dark brown) will give the illusion of longer legs. Skinny straps or heels or just minimalist shoes in general tend to have the same visual effect. SO DO NOT FEAR IF YOU THINK THE LONG SKIRT IS GOING TO SWALLOW YOUR LEGS UP.

4. Opt for a gold tone piece of jewelry to warm up the look.
Q: Why is it just one ring?
A: Keeping it simple is a good thing, especially on a date! It shows that you can be a little laidback and also, you won't look like you spent hours and hours overdressing. One piece of jewelry is enough, as long as it packs a punch, in a good way. Plus, the attention of the ring can help move it to the clutch you're holding.

-------------------------------

For those of you who were wondering, I was inspired to do this post because of Thepersianbabe on Youtube. I loved how her super long calf-grazing sequin skirt looked on her and used that to try and style it in my own way.

How would you style the skirt? Did you like this outfit? Let me know! I love hearing your thoughts and reading all of your comments :)

~Jenn
Follow on Bloglovin

You May Also Like

66 comments

  1. All of these items are great!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like I love this outfit! That sweater is perfect. I want it. Actually, I want everything. I'm also digging those understated sandals, wouldn't those just go with everything??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOO :) I'm glad to hear it! and no kidding, Polyvore just makes me want to empty out my wallet. I also agree with you on the shoes! I think they should be a necessity in everyone's closet :/

      -Jenn

      Delete
  3. ohh I want the grey knit!

    xx

    Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm liking the pastely feel you've got going on here. its very innocent, yet classic.

    attempted ambition blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this look... so chic and so casual =) I would love to own every single item =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :') Too bad my wallet won't allow it!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  6. Love this look, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the little bra is sooo cute. I need a pencil skirt like that in my life tooo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Still on the hunt for the perfect one :/

      -Jenn

      Delete
  8. i love the minimalistic look~ :) I try to go for simplicity most of the time in my outfits too. great pics :) loving the skirt!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love outfits that are simple but chic.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  9. I love that sweater! I am all about chunky knit sweaters for fall and I can't wait to wear them. I'm not a huge fan of pencil skirts because I feel like they make my hips look huge. Maybe I've just never tried on the right one, but I feel like they make me look a little too curvy. But I love everything else! That bra is so pretty! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely. I think chunky knit sweaters are like the epitome of fall and winter. and hmmm. maybe try one that's black? since it's a slimming color! and girl, embrace them curves. :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  10. Great style advice! Knit sweaters, nude heels, and pencil skirts-are Amazing. Perfect pieces that every woman should really have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked it! and yes. I think these are def wardrobe staples!!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  11. This is so cool dear,unique and stylish! I love your posts,check out my new!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so right about the sweater! That color would look amazing on anyone and it's great for fall.

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? So going to put that in my mental checklist of things I need to own. :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  13. Love the outfit though as a petite girl, a longer skirt for me would be a few inches about knee level to stop me looking stumpy or I'd opt for a floor length maxi. There's something about calf-grazing skirts that definitely look better on taller girls even if I have long legs. I adore that sweater so much though :)

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have that problem too but I think the heels definitely help in that area! If you aren't wearing heels though, I would probably go for something knee length too :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  14. i love this idea! very pretty! and i like your blog! im following you now!
    please come check out my new outfit post and let me know what you think!
    Dolly
    Unicorns, Heels and American Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. all the pieces you chose are gorgeous! comfy and stylish is the best combo:)

    http://canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love all of these choices! that knit is to die for :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! and yes! Total essential for fall!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  17. HI I NOMINATED YOU FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD

    YOU CAN SEE IT HERE

    http://elcoffre.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award-thanks-becca.html

    KISSES

    ReplyDelete
  18. umm yesss! i would wear this outfit in a quickness! ahh! so inspired now <3

    xx james

    ReplyDelete
  19. These photos look so refreshing... I wish I had some of them on my wall. I'll see them every morning and feel really fresh within.
    LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW ME,I WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW YOU BACK!
    Have a great day!

    Blow a Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this outfit, so stylish!

    Come to visit my blog and if you want let’s follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC and Facebook!
    xoxo
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this. The clutch is amazing! :)

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love it too! Really been into structured bags lately.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  22. What a great post :) The outfit is simply charming
    xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. such lovely list! can i have these all?! would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm doing GIVEAWAY on my blog so join - HERE.

    btw. you have realy great blog, and you are so beautiful. ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. great itmes, my fav are the skirt and the heels...what do you think about following each other??? let me know if its ok for you??? Have a great week-end.. xx LYnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the heels are my favorite part but I'm a shoe-a-holic so totally biased opinion right there. and of course!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  26. I really love the knit - so beautiful! :)

    www.itsmypassions.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's the perfect color for winter!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  27. wow this is an amazing outfit:) i would definitely wear it hihi. love those shoes and the pullover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super happy you enjoyed! and yesss the shoes really are to die for.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  28. You're too kind :') I really appreciate it!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! Always happy to hear your thoughts :)