New Year, New Name, New Me...Sort Of

by - February 09, 2017

Happy 2017! First off, I know I haven't been consistently blogging lately. I tweeted about it a little but basically, I haven't had any motivation to make fashion-related posts. I've also been traveling here and there, trying to figure out my post-graduate plans. It's not an excuse but at least this way, you aren't so left in the dark about my whereabouts.

Secondly, I have renamed my blog (as well as my other social media handles). I really wanted everything to come together in a cohesive way so that it's easier for you guys to find me. So be sure to check out the side panel if you want to follow me on Twitter or Instagram (or the other platforms).

This is the first post of 2017 and I want to kick it off with a recap on 2016 as well as what's been going on in my life.

~~~~~~~~


one. I finished my Master's in Communication! It was a lot of hard work and despite all the times I wish I hadn't gone back to school, I don't regret my decision at all.

two. I went to Seoul, South Korea. Twice. So much fun, honestly. The food was amazing, the people were kind, and the shopping is just insane.

three. I had a wonderful Christmas celebration with my friends. We did Secret Santa for the first time as a group and surprisingly, everyone was really happy with their gifts! Phew.

four. My family bought plane tickets for a post-Christmas trip to California.

~~~~~~~~




one. We went on a ten day trip to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. This was my first time in SF and I absolutely loved it. Minus the fact that I caught a bad cold and the plane ride back was just crap, the SF trip was so beautiful. The hustle and bustle of the city, the tourist traps, the food...I regret not being able to stay longer.

two. I bought a scratch ticket to test out my luck for the new year and won $100. First time that's ever happened. Nice.

three. My boyfriend spoiled me with a 3DS for Christmas and to top it all off, he bought me Pokemon Platinum! For those of you that play, you know, the newer Pokemon games have a completely different look. I personally prefer the older, classic style because it's cuter and less...creepily realistic? Have you guys played Pokemon Platinum and if so, who did you choose as your starter? #TeamChimchar

four. I went to the dentist recently and was told that all four of my wisdom teeth need to be taken out. Timing couldn't have been better. Totally dreading this.

five. Mystery bags. Mystery boxes. Mystery anything. I am SO obsessed. I think it probably began when I first tried those 'gatcha' machines in Seoul. You put money in and get some random toy. You don't know which one you'll get. The thrill of not knowing but also the possibility of getting something you really want makes these mystery boxes so addicting! Slowly, my collection of cute but impractical objects has grown. Just recently, I opened a Disney one to find this adorable Tigger. So worth my $3.

~~~~~~~~

Well that's all I have for you today. It feels good to write again and hope to be able to write more this year! I'm going to end this lengthy post with some of my New Year's Resolutions!

>> Find a job, move out, and be more courageous.






You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Welcome back and happy new year. I also tried those cards once and won 50$. Never tried again ^^.
    xo
    http://www.sofrenchychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha after that, I kept trying to buy the cheap $2 ones to see if I would win again... no such luck :(

      Delete
  2. Happy new year dear! Welcome back! :)

    x
    Kat | Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! Always happy to hear your thoughts :)