Have you ever made an impromptu run to the convenience store or you've ever gotten leftovers boxed up? Sometimes, they don't give you a bag, especially if it's only one or two items. It happens. You may find that it's not something you can toss into your purse because it might spill or smell. These are just two of the scenarios in which tote bags can come in handy.
To tell a personal story, I used to work as a stylist and it was common to go and buy drinks for everyone during lunch. I often had to lug five or six soda cans in my arms because the convenience store didn't bag them.
Or! Have you been to the airport, waiting for a flight, and you stop by the shops to buy souvenirs or even a sandwich? It's happened to me. I had no more room in my carry-on and it just wouldn't fit in my purse. Tote bag to the rescue!
There are already places in which stores have to charge you for plastic bags. It just makes sense to carry a spare one because you never know.
Here's a list of ten different ways you can use tote bags (a.k.a. ten more reasons why you should have one at all times).
- To hold messy items like a greasy box of leftovers, a drink, an opened snack bag, etc.
- To hold other items that may be too heavy for a plastic bag or buying multiple items in an unintended shopping trip (e.g. weights, ceramic bowls, soda cans)
- You can use it at the airport as a backup bag in case you buy food, souvenirs, sweatshirts, etc.
- To cover your purse if there is nowhere to hang it (prevents the bottom from getting dirty)
- You can use it as an emergency barf bag or trash bag on road trips.
- To carry wine or other treats over to your friend's place when you visit
- To bring to supermarkets because it's better to not use plastic bags
- Heading to a nearby cafe to get some work done? You can place your laptop or tablet in the tote bag along with your planner, notebook, and other office supplies.
- Have you ever walked somewhere for a long time and your shoes break or you just had an interview and you want to change out of your heels? A tote can be great to toss in those broken shoes or those super high heels.
- Going out for lunch during your break? It's a lot easier to carry food and drink back in a tote. On the same note, you can use it to bring food for a picnic!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know down below if you have any other ways to use tote bags :)