Wedding Photos of Fashion Designers

by - August 14, 2012

Came across this interest-piquing article on Styleite.com that revealed several photos of the Big Day for these famous fashion designers and thought I would share it with you guys!

If you would like to see the full article, click here.

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG


I wouldn't personally wear a fur vest on my wedding day unless it was mother of god cold outside but this suits her!

----------------------------------------

VICTORIA BECKHAM

Victoria Beckham looks so gorgeous in that simple Vera Wang dress but both of their hairstyles just screams 90s.

----------------------------------------

VERA WANG

This picture is like a glimpse into her life from the past. Something so beautiful about people on their wedding days!

----------------------------------------

CAROLINA HERRERA

What a quirky dress. It has a slight bubble effect going on at the waist and it has a collar!


----------------------------------------

DONNA KARAN

To me, it looks more like she's wearing something to go on vacation but the all white, sequins, and pearls help elevate it a bit. The hat, though, definitely makes it slightly casual but I kind of like that. Plus, she's radiating.

----------------------------------------

RACHEL ZOE

For Rachel Zoe's wedding, she wore Isaac Mizrahi. Unlike the previous pictures, Zoe is donning something a little closer to what we traditionally think of when a wedding dress comes up. The neckline is a bit deeper than I expected but she still looks amazing.

----------------------------------------

NANETTE LEPORE

Lepore chose to wear a Salvation Army dress. Absolutely vintage, with all the lace and how conservative it is but the little collar brooch is really adorable.

----------------------------------------

PAMELA LOVE

One of my faves. I like the silhouette, the flowers in her hair, the flow, the open bits with the criss crossing. Very bohemian.

----------------------------------------

KATE SPADE

Spade is sporting a Cynthia Rowley dress. Don't particularly like this one because it reminds me of a homecoming or prom dress. However, she does manage to look very nice in it and probably the little sweater she's wearing helps tone down the silver in the dress.


----------------------------------------

JILL STUART

Stuart chose to wear Christian Lacroix. It's a short dress, off the shoulder, buttons down the middle and rose detailing in the front. Not your average wedding dress, certainly, but it has its charms.

----------------------------------------

CYNTHIA ROWLEY

Adorable short lace dress with a black foundation. Modern style dress in all senses but the lace does have a vintage feel to it. I love how happy she looks too. What a fun picture!

----------------------------------------

What did you guys think of their dresses? Seem appropriate based on their own design aesthetic? Let me know down below!


~Jenn
Follow on Bloglovin

You May Also Like

39 comments

  1. Wow! What a cool post! So awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

    With Love From Hollywood, Kier

    Fashion Addict
    Follow me on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! loving this photos!


    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're really interesting!! :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  3. They all are so beautiful but you're right that some of those are pretty weird:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, especially compared to modern day wedding dresses!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  4. Aw, I love these, thanks so much for sharing! I really do love them all, but Pamela Love's dress (and wedding in general) is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm happy that you enjoyed this! :) and yesssss. Pamela Love's is my favorite too because I'm such a boho junkie.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  5. Love how most of their outfits were simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really true. I mean, aside from the fur vest...which arguably could be simple too, most of them were clean cut and not over the top.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  6. These weddingpictures are so cute. i really love the dress from voctoria :)
    Have a beautiful day :-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post as I've never really seen designer's wedding photos! Thanks for sharing!! xo akiko
    Your Portrait Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, can't take credit for the pictures or articles but I am glad that I was able to share it with you guys :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  8. Lovely post! It was a wonder going through the pictures. You're right! Posh and David's hair was so 90s! Hahaha. I love Pamela Love's as well. So dreamy and ethereal.


    http://adlyvelasco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahah! I was a 90s baby so seeing them and their wedding photo really brought back some memories.

      -Jenn

      Delete
  9. now following you on bloglovin' Hope you can follow me back
    Keep in touch

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. This is the sweetest post ever - I've never thought about designers themselves on their wedding days, even Vera Wang. My favourite has to be Herrera or Love's - one for its casual, mod style and the other for being so classical and art nouveau. She looks just like the princesses in my 1930s copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite amusing and I've never really thought about it either until I saw this article! and I absolutely agree. Their dresses make them look like fairy tale characters and just so! It IS their wedding day, after all :)

      -Jenn

      Delete
  11. I love this post, so creative & adorable!! It's so interesting to see what they wore & it's funny to see how fashion has changed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear :) It is! But you know, I wouldn't be surprised if one day we went back to those types of dresses and fashion. We recycle trends so often!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  12. these are amazing photos! :D they're legendary!!! <3 <3 <3 thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo
    Rhea Bue (Styles & Writes)
    http://bebe-doll.net/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all their unique take on their wedding dress and seeing how much they have all transformed :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's always fun to see fashion from the past!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  14. This is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Also, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some feedback! I hope you'll come by today and see my take on a fall trend and let me know what you think!

    Keep up the great work, love your blog! Now following!

    xx
    Natalie, your Fashionably Broke friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely! I'll make sure to check it out :) and thanks!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  15. Thank you. What an interesting article :)
    xx

    Vicky | golden mirrors

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post :) Very inspiring, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel Zoe's is amazing - exactly how I'd want my photos to be!

    xo, Lela
    Fashion Blog - LelaLondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although her's was really simple, I actually quite liked it too!

      -Jenn

      Delete
  18. great photos honey, i really love this inspirational post!
    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! Always happy to hear your thoughts :)