Autumn/Winter 2012-13 Fashion Week

by - April 15, 2012

Vogue.co.uk has already posted loads of the Fall/Winter collections for this year, which I'm excited about. I browsed through several collections, like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Celine, etc. but to be honest, although the collections were stunning in quality and innovation, I just didn't find myself feeling any connection to the clothes.

Elie Saab featured neutral colors: black, white, and gray. Some of the dresses were really sleek but I just liked one of the pairs of shoes, which I'm pretty sure was some form of leather. It was a black leather peeptoe bootie with an ankle cuff. To die for.

Lanvin, for Paris Fashion Week, used colored fur accessories in a few of their looks, which made the whole ensemble more lively than if they had used neutral tones.

Lanvin on Vogue.co.uk


John Galliano deeply impressed me with his collection. There were interesting usages of fur (again, I can't imagine fur going out of style any time soon) and gorgeous shapes and cuts of fabric. In particular, I noted a trench coat with neck detailing, a mini cape hanging off of one shoulder, and the color of the pockets seeping into the upper portion (basically, it looks like a vest), and then the bottom portion is this fuller skirt-like shape lined with fur. The thigh high stockings just killed me. The look was perfect. The colors were a little dull but I kind of enjoyed that because it wasn't tacky and it reminded me of the colder seasons.

Galliano on Vogue.co.uk


Another Galliano look featured a shorter version of the trench coat in a dirty mustard color. Again, the thigh highs! Absolutely adorable and slightly provocative. It's something I would feel good about wearing. Plus, the hat and the gloves? Cherry on a sundae.

Galliano on Vogue.co.uk


Have you guys looked at the collections yet? Which one is your favorite?? I'd love to hear about it!


Until next time my fabbbulous readers,
{kissies},
~Jenn

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. great post, dear!
    galliano is just amazing. the design with the fur looks
    gorgeous. :)
    I think your blog is really nice and I started to follow you, dear!
    maybe you'll have a look on mine as well .))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! Always happy to hear your thoughts :)