The Art of Fashion

by - May 31, 2012

As you can tell from my previous post, I was doing a little snooping around the Vogue UK website and came across a section about fashion illustration and how it's become art in and of itself. I found this quite interesting since I've always thought that art and fashion should go hand in hand.

Recently, I've also been a little bit obsessed with reading about art, especially from Japan, and seeing these pictures is really inspirational.

They are all done by an artist named David Downton, whom I've never heard of before, but I am fascinated and in love with his style. I can't help but be captivated by the clothing as well as the expressions on the models. Superb!

"Dior Couture AW 2009"


"Dior Couture AW 2009"


"Valli"


"Chanel"


Pretty, right? {twinkle eyes}

I think they'd also be fantastic wall decors~ just saying!


Until the next post,
{kissies}
~Jenn

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. mm? thank you, if you're complimenting me on my writing skills but hopefully you didn't misunderstand the post. haha, i didn't paint those!

      -Jenn

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by! Always happy to hear your thoughts :)